Coding Chase - Projects

My 3D Hub

Thank You For Donating:

Ikeeki (linux-sunxi@irc.freenode.net)
Computer Troubleshooters Brasil

Sunday 23 February 2014

My First SailfishOS App

A few years back, when Android came out, I thought about developing a simple app that would let me control my home devices over SSH, without the hassle of actually login in and execute the commands manually.

I got an alpha version up and running but didn't have the time to maintain the project and eventually left it behind.

Just recently I've had the opportunity to mess around with a Jolla mobile device, which led me to the community behind it, and SailfishOS/Mer/Qt.

For the past year or so I had been dealing with Qt on embedded devices and seeing as SailfishOS is still under development, curiosity took the best of me and what better way to mess with it than my old project!

So oneSSHot took form once more, but this time I've followed through and it is now available at the Jolla Store.

The application itself uses the system's underlying ssh binaries to do the work, may have some bugs still which I'm clearing up as I go along, but overall it is pretty usable.

Instead of using direct user/password authentication over SSH, the app uses private/public key pair authentication.

I've made the source code available here:

https://bitbucket.org/wickwire/sailfishos-onesshot

... and some example commands to test it out:

echo 'SailfishOS: '`date +'%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'` > /tmp/onesshot.tmp
 
/home/wickwire/startFirefox.bash

(and on the remote host)

$ cat startFirefox.bash 
#!/bin/bash

export DISPLAY=:0
/usr/bin/firefox http://www.cnn.com

No comments :

Post a Comment