Coding Chase - Projects

My 3D Hub

Thank You For Donating:

Ikeeki (linux-sunxi@irc.freenode.net)
Computer Troubleshooters Brasil

Thursday 3 April 2014

Cubieboard A20: GStreamer VDPAU

So following my previous post, I started messing around with GStreamer and VDPAU.

GStreamer includes VDPAU support in the gst-plugins-bad package, on the 0.10 branch.

Since I've been using Linaro Ubuntu as the OS for my experiments with Qt5, I sticked with it for GStreamer as well and soon found out that VDPAU support was nowhere to be found.

So, back to basics - I uninstalled the plugins-bad package provided by Linaro Ubuntu and picked up the sources for it. After some tweaking and fiddling, I got it to natively compile on my Cubieboard A20 - and not long after that, I had:

linaro@linaro-alip:~$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep vdpau
vdpau:  vdpaumpegdec: VDPAU Mpeg Decoder
vdpau:  vdpauh264dec: VDPAU H264 Decoder
vdpau:  vdpaumpeg4dec: VDPAU Mpeg4 Decoder
vdpau:  vdpauvideopostprocess: VdpauVideoPostProcess
vdpau:  vdpausink: VDPAU Sink
 
... but things didn't turn out that great - I stumbled on the following error:

Failed to open VDPAU backend /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvdpau_sunxi.so: undefined symbol: XTranslateCoordinates
 
So after asking for help on #linux-sunxi at freenode, the clever folks there got me past it and here's the result :)

No comments :

Post a Comment