Coding Chase - Projects

My 3D Hub

Thank You For Donating:

Ikeeki (linux-sunxi@irc.freenode.net)
Computer Troubleshooters Brasil

Sunday 21 June 2015

Cubietruck and a CTC Dual Extruder Printer - Part II

From the previous post, the CTC Dual Extruder is now connected to a Cubietruck running Octoprint, together with the GPX plugin.

At thingiverse you get all sorts of models, or things. Downloading the STL file and passing it on to the printer didn't work, so here's how I did it:

On my client PC I have ReplicatorG installed - I'm running Linux Mint and it installed properly on my laptop.

Loading the STL on ReplicatorG, you get to set up some basic variables such as extruder temperature and so on - and then you get the chance to generate a gcode file.

This is ideal, because Mark Walker's GPX plugin for Octoprint understands gcode and converts it to x3g for the printer!

So now I'm on my PC, there's a generated gcode file - all I have to do is upload it to Octoprint on Cubietruck using the WebUI and initiate the print job!

Print estimates, statistics and more are all visible on Octoprint - and going a step further, why not plug a USB Webcam to Cubietruck as well and stream all the action...? :)

I'll keep at this, hopefully with both extruders, different materials... let's see!

No comments :

Post a Comment